At the end of this month, I was supposed to take a blood test to check my liver. However, due to CONVID 19, I’m worried that the hospital won’t be available to make that kind of blood test. Which means that I starting hormones would be extended further on the pipeline which from where I stand it very far away, and that’s a bumper.
Meanwhile, I thought it would be a good idea to write my hopes and fears when it comes to starting hormones. So, that I can read my fears in words and that in a way will already help me overcome that fear of the unknown and it’s a way for me not to give up.
- For my gender dysphoria to get better, which will also help my anxiety.
- A deeper voice which will lessen the mental pain I get every time I open my mouth to talk.
- I was told that I might get a little bit of extra muscle strength which is always great for a cerebral palsy body.
- Fat distribution and facial hair will help me look more masculine.
- I won’t have cycles which will relieve physical and mental pain.
- Can develop high blood pressure
- May cause high cholesterol
- Might cause heart disease and diabetes, which worries me because, in my family, there is a history of heart disease and both my parents are diabetic.
- Acne/ Oily skin can happen.
- Baldness can occur.
Anyways wish luck, and I’ll keep you updated,