- Try and get an extra amount of your medication just in case any of your suitcases get lost.
- Keep your medical insurance cards and a letter with all the medication you take handy.
- Try to get a seat next to a plane exit for extra legroom.
- Leave wheelchair instructions and show where everything is to the airline personal to avoid damage.
- Check for the company who made your chair and ask them what’s best for air travelling with your chair.
- Wear comfortable and breathable clothing.
- Explain the way you are comfortable with to aeroplane personal when they lift you to your seat.
- Keep calm when and if issues arise.