Water is a macro nutrient, which means that we need it in large amounts to live. However, water is the only macro nutrient that isn’t an energy food source. We should be drinking about 2 liters a day more than that in warmer climates due to the fact with the heat your body sweats, and you will need to replace it.
Body Functions That Work With Water:
- It helps with the production of saliva since water is its main compound.
- It maintains the right body temperature by releasing sweat from skin pores to you down, which also helps with fevers.
- It’s a protection for your spinal cord, tissue and joints water helps lubricate and keep body cells together.
- Water works with fiber to its mix with body waste to help you rid of it and, it also prevents kidney stones.
- Keeping dehydrated will give you a boost with daily tasks.
- It assists digestion and nutrient absorption.
- Improves blood oxygen circulation and fights off illness.
- It aids in cognitive function and improves your mood.
- It aids in keeping bright skin and prevents overall dehydration.
Ways To Increase Your Water Intake:
- There are apps to remind you to drink water.
- Add spices and favors in your water to add taste.
- Eat fruit and vegetable since they are water-based.
- Drink before and after bathroom visits because we lose a lot of liquids like that.
- Have water on hand everywhere you go.
- Dilute sugary drinks with water and ice to decrease your sugar intake.
- Snack on salty stuff and give herbal teas a try!
OK, that’s all I have for you today and don’t forget to keep drinking water.