I took part in Read-a-thin ever since it started, so as busy as I might be next month, I will still try to participate. The question is how often. This is a readathon that takes place four times a year, in February, May, August and November. It started in 2017 and is a month-long. It is hosted by Amanda at A Court of Books and Love and Donna at Mom’s Book Collection.
- Based on your Zodiac sign > We wanted to make it a bit more fun for everyone. Find your Zodiac sign put into Google or Youtube “Book Recommendations Based on Your Zodiac Sign” and find a book that you already own!
An article by Teen Vogue suggested “I Might Regret This” by Abbi Jacobson for my sign Aquarius, so I’m giving it a try.
- Read in the morning > Simply read when you start your morning. When you wake up, make breakfast or have your first cup of tea or coffee and sit down with your book.
Easy to do since the first thing I do in the morning is listening to a book while checking my emails.
- Book by indeginous author > Find an indeginous author that is already on your shelves.
I picked There There by Tommy Orange from reading the blurb. I know this is not a one-sitting read kind of novel.
- Read inside a blanket fort > We totally needed a fun prompt and I think this one tops it. Make yourself, partner and/or kids a blanket fort and get some reading done once you have made it. (does not have to be for a whole book)
My wheelchair and blanket forts aren’t friends, plus we are experiencing heat waves here.
- Favorite genre > Another simple one, read your favorite genre
Two things I like are royal stuff and Cinderella retellings
- Based on August gemstone – Peridot >We wanted to have one based on a colour and so why not have it as August Gemstone which is Peridot…. more less any Green on the cover will do.
- Want to read before the end of summer > What is a book you want to read before summer is done? gone with the autumn breeze, disappears for months? you get my drift.
I picked The Twins of Auschwitz from yesterday’s haul.
- Read 4 books > General read at least 4 books!
For someone like me, this one is easy
- Self care day > Take care of yourself with a self care day. Yoga, Bath, T.v., Walk, Sleep anything you think is self care to you do it.
For me, right now is distressing from work.
- Out of your comfort zone > Read a book that is totally out of your comfort zone whether in genre, topic, or formatting.
Ready Player One was out of my comfort zone, but I liked it, so I’m reading the second one in the series, which is Ready Player Two.
- Donate books > We decided one how nice it would be to give back, to free up some space for let’s say more books? but also for the books you read and tend to not care so much when the month is over. Donate your books to friends, family, bookstores, any other place that will take them. If you want to challenge yourself, roll a dice and donate that number of books!
I always donate my physical books when I read them, but due to Covid, I had to stop.
- Time of day in title > This one is mainly for the Booksandlala’s Buzzword Reading Challenge as for August is it for Time of day in the title.
- Read for 30 mins a day > You don’t have to read 30 mins for 31 days but if you could get some days with 30 mins in then that would be perfect.
I do this anyway.
- Yearly challenge > Any year long challenge you are doing, get some done!!! Focus on a book for one of the challenges or even one of your non-reading yearly goals.
I try to read two or more LGBT+ books per month.
- Tome (over 450 pages) > Read a book over 450 pages,
The largest book on my TBR is Did You See Melody? by Sophie Hannah, which has 464 pages.
- Share your TBR > Share your TBR on twitter, instagram, discord, facebook groups…. just remember #readathinaug21
- Been on your tbr for a long time > Really, we need this. The book that has been on your TBR the longest.
Fractured by Elle Charles is the oldest book on my kindle.
- Start a new t.v. show > Upon reading we also like t.v., so get watching some new shows.
I need to re-watch Special season 1 and watch season 2.
- Finish a series > Series… okay we always need to finish one so let’s do it.
The only novel I have left from Love Stories Series by Ellie Spark, but I can’t find it online yet.
- Read an ebook > You don’t just have physical books so let’s read our ebook’s too.
I have 5768 books to choose from.
Social Media Links