I won’t lie; my kind of TV watching tends to be a series or a movie if it catches my eye, and nine times out of 10, I find it on Netflix. If you like true crime stuff like me, Netflix is a great place to look into. The series I just finished is monsters inside: the 24 faces of Billy Milligan and Bad Vegan. When it comes to reality tv 90 day fiancé: before the 90 days, season 5 just wrapped up, and man, do I have some things to say about the couples. However, that is for another day.
Every time I see an article or something I want to blog about, I put it on a list. A few months I saw an article about events that got the most views around the world. I haven’t seen the entire list, but thinking about it, I think the twin towers attack and the death of Pope John Paul II is on there. Okay, enough chattering from me, and let’s get into the first ten on the list:
- Princess Diana’s funeral service (1997)
It was calculated that 2.5 billion people viewed it.
- Apollo 11 Moon landing (1969)
About a fifth of the population back then had their eyes glued on the TV.
- 1996 Atlanta Summer Olympics (1996)
The viewership was around 3.5 billion.
- The Boxing Game: Muhammad Ali vs Leon Spinks II (1978)
Views went over 90 million from around 80 countries.
- 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony (2008)
Over 2 billion people (roughly one-third of the global population at the time) are estimated to have watched the opening ceremonies in Beijing.
- Elvis Presley’s Aloha from Hawaii concert (1973)
It was summed up that 1 billion to 1.5 billion were watching.
- Michael Jackson’s memorial service
Over 31 million came together for the final send-off for the king of pop.
- President John F Kennedy’s funeral service (1963)
It was worldly televised, and more than 300 million people watched it worldwide via satellite.
- Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding (2011)
In 2011, everyone had eyes for the royals, with about 2 billion views.
- President Barack Obama’s first inauguration (2008)
It is estimated that about 2 billion watched this new mark in history.
As you can see, I didn’t even guess one of the first ten ranked, but nevertheless, I still enjoyed writing this post, and I will link the whole list below.