It is kind of a blog tradition that I have in the month where I do a weekly Christmas tag. I picked The Joy of Christmas Book Tag for this round, which was initially created by Sam’s Nonsense.
1) Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating?
I won’t lie if I told you that I just googled lgbt+ 2022 book releases. The two novels that caught my eye were Icebreaker by A.L. Graziadei, and the expected publication date is January 28, 2022. The other one is The Drowning Summer by Christine Lynn Herman, with the release date being April 19, 2022.
2) Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing it’s praises?
Call Me Athena: Girl from Detroit by Colby Cedar Smith is a novel in verse I just read, and I haven’t heard a ton about it, but I think it’s beautifully written.
3) Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building?
I think because I was born in 96 I can relate to the world of Ready Player One by Ernest Cline.
4) A Christmas Carol: Favorite classic or one that you want to read
I’m not the biggest fan of classics, but a novel that I always want to read is The Book Thief
by Markus Zusak. However, I can’t seem to read past page one for some unknown reason.
5) Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas
In all honesty, my mum wanted to buy The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta, but I think an ebook for € 8.54c is too expensive.
6) Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling
Another recent read that reads like a Christmas movie with the cosy feel and all.
7) Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favorite book covers?
8) Christmas Joy: What are some of your favorite things about Christmas And/Or some of your favorite Christmas memories?
Baking with sister and watching Christmas movies with the family.