It’s winter time, so I found two drinks and two books that go together well with this time of the year.
Chocolate Chip Frappuccino
- 4 tbsp chocolate syrup
- 4 tbsp chocolate chips – mini if possible
- 4 cups double-strength freshly brewed espresso
- Chopped or crushed ice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract – optional
- Whipped cream – optional
- Chocolate syrup – for garnish – optional
Fill Blender half full with chopped or crushed ice. Add all ingredients—minus whipped cream.
Blend in blender until thick and still icy.
Pour into 4 tall glasses, top with whipping cream and drizzle chocolate over the whipped cream.
And The Book
Barbajada (Milanese Hot Chocolate-Coffee Drink) Recipe
- YIELD:Makes 4 servings
- ACTIVE TIME:10 minutes
- TOTAL TIME:10 minutes
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (3/4 ounce; 25g)
- 1/4 cup sugar (2 ounces; 55g)
- 1 1/2 cups (355ml) milk
- 2/3 cup (160ml) strong coffee or espresso
- Whipped cream, for serving
In a medium bowl, stir together cocoa powder and sugar until thoroughly combined. In a medium saucepan, heat milk over moderate heat until steaming. Whisk in cocoa/sugar mixture along with coffee, whisking rapidly until hot and frothy. Divide into warmed mugs and top with whipped cream.
And The Book