Are you dying for a snack while reading your book? Here you go:
TURMERIC SNACK BITES
Chocolate and Turmeric Snack Bites – perfect little bites for when you’re in need of a quick snack or are craving something sweet! Gluten Free + Vegan + Paleo
- 1/2 cup | 70 grams walnuts
- 1/2 cup | 70 grams unsweetened desiccated/shredded coconut
- 1 cup | about 8 pitted medjool dates, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
Add all of your ingredients to a high powdered blender or food processor and pulse until the dates and walnuts are broken up into small pieces and the mixture sticks together. If your mixture is too dry add a couple more dates. You may need to stop to scrape the sides down occasionally.
Transfer the mixture to a small bowl for easier rolling. Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture at a time and roll into little balls.
Store these in the fridge for up to a week.
Soak the dates in hot water for about 10 minutes before blending if your blender struggles breaking apart dates.
And The Book
salted almond + honey snack bites
- 1 cup raw almonds (unsalted)
- 1 cup large flake oats
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp sesame seeds (optional, you can get creative with your fave topping)
- Melted dark chocolate for drizzling (optional but very recommended 😉 )
- In a food processor, add the almonds and oats. Pulse for 20-30 seconds until it becomes the texture of coarse breadcrumbs.
- Pour into a large bowl and add the honey, almond butter, vanilla extract and sea salt.
- Using a spatula, mix thoroughly to combine until a thick dough forms. If its too wet, add a sprinkle of oats and stir.
- Using damp hands, roll into 8-10 balls and roll into sesame seeds. Move into the fridge or freezer to set for 15 minute.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired!
And The Book