- Sight (vision): a book that made you see things differently.
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, it showed me the real war.
- Hearing: a book that made you feel heard on a personal level.
Beautiful Music for Ugly Children by Kirstin Cronn-Mills, The main character is a trans guy and so am I.
- Taste: a book that gave you a taste of a subject that you want to learn more about.
Recovery Road by Blake Nelson, it talks about drug and addiction and that’s something I want to learn more about.
- Smell – related closely to memory: a book that brought up a memory from earlier in your life/ your childhood.
Can I cheat and say Dear Life by Me (it’s a book about my life and transitioning from female to male).
- Touch: a book that touched you emotionally. (This can be any emotion).
Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper, the main character of this book has Cerebral Palsy as I do, so I could feel all the emotions she felt.
- Movement: a book that moved you to act. (This can be on a personal, political, or community level).
- Outspoken: A Decade of Transgender Activism and Trans Feminism by Julia Serano.
- Balance: a book that brought balance to you/your life. (emotionally, mentally, etc).
The Definition of Normal: A Tender Transgender Love Story by E.S. Carpenter.
This tag was created by Ifer’s Inklings